Wolfgang Puck Catering
3-5 mixed colored small beets
1 tsp pistachio brown butter
5-7 crushed pistachios
2oz buratta cheese
3 segment of orange
2oz citrus shallot vin.
Salt to taste
Pinch of black pepper
Dress heavenly with evoo
Steps of preperation:
• First preheat oven to 350F
• Take beets and cut green tops off of beets
• In a roasting pan lightly cover the bottom of the pan with kosher salt and place small beet on top of the salt and drizzle EVOO over the beets. Wrap with foil and roast for about an hour or until tender to touch.
• When beets are done peel them while still warm and set aside.
• To make pistachio butter take butter and brown the butter in a sauce pot cooking the milk solids and caramelize until golden brown. Place a 1/4 cup of pistachios in blender and blend, adding about 1/4 of browned butter to the pistachios, season with salt and reserve the rest for other uses.
• To make an easy vinaigrette you will need to juice some citrus, dice some shallots, add herbs like chives, tarragon, dill, parsley, add olive oil, salt, pepper and emulsify using a whisk or blender.
•Take your pistachio butter and smear on your serving vessel
• Cut or leave beets the size of your liking and marinate beets with dressing, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place beets scattered over the pistachio brown butter.
• Take your buratta cheese and season lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place about 3 descent size balls of buratta cheese around beets.
• Place segments of orange to your liking
• Now time to garnish with Arugula or any greens to your liking, drizzle extra citrus vinaigrette over salad, season lightly with salt and pepper, sprinkle crushed pistachios and dress heavenly with olive oil.