With all the planning and decision making a couple has to juggle during the wedding planning process, putting together a wedding registry can feel like a daunting – and even superfluous – task. That’s where Slowdance comes in. Featured in the Fall/Winter 2018 issue of Wedding Style, this wedding registry company was founded by planning extraordinaire, Jung Lee, and was created to help couples curate the perfect registry list. Much like having a personal stylist, each couple is paired with an expert who will find items from an enormous range of designers and price points, each selected based on that couple’s individual tastes and lifestyle. Take the complementary Slowdance quiz online to get started, or simply peruse the website to get an idea of what special gifts you might want in your home together. If you need some extra home décor inspo, here’s a dozen unique gifts for your wedding registry.
1. LSA Set of 4 Jazz Tumblers, $75 – Totally modern and contemporary, these handmade glass tumblers add a special touch to everyday life.
2. Seletti Hybrid Ipazia Dinner Plate, $84 – These beautifully artistic dinner plates by Seletti are a unique take on traditional wedding china, depicting a colorful “East meets West” theme.
3. Pols Potten Frog Piggy Bank, $75 – Glazed porcelain and a Ming Dynasty-inspired print make this frog piggy bank and adorably unique gift for couples who love tradition with a whimsical twist.
4. Ercuis Transat Caviar-Vodka Set, $1282 – Vodka and caviar nights are the new fondue date night (at least, they should be). This silver caviar and vodka set is crafted by the iconic French silver company, Ercuis, and adds an effortlessly stylish and sophisticated element to at-home entertaining.
5. L’OBJET Rectangular Pave Platinum Frame with Crystals 8x10, $395 – According to Jung, picture frames are one of the essentials for every wedding registry. “Everyone should have gorgeous picture frames,” she says. “They need to be so gorgeous that it’s something you’d want to pass down to your grandchildren.” This handcrafted fram with Swarovski crystals, 24-carat gold and platinum plating, satin lining, beveled glass, and Italian leather and suede backs definitely fits the bill.
6. Christofle Peace Frame 5x7, $405 – The word “peace” is etched into this elegant frame in 49 languages. It’s a gorgeous, yet understated addition to any home.
7. Pinetti Medium Ivory Leather Photo Album, $195 – A beautiful photo album of favorite wedding moments makes for a lovely coffee table topper.
8. Eichholtz 7-Arm Silver Brass Candelabra, $230 – Couples can add a dash of glamour to their dinner tables with this showstopping candelabra – a traditional piece with a more contemporary, edgy finish.
9. Philippi Luna Vase, $143 – Your favorite leggy florals (from callas to orchids) will look stunning in this gleaming stainless steel vase.
10. Hermes Carnets d’Equateur Breakfast Cup and Saucer, $330 – Who wouldn’t want a dose of Hermes in their home? Even an unassuming cup and saucer duo covered in an exquisite nature illustration is a unique gift that will be happily used for years to come.
11. Vista Alegre Primavera Teapot, $285 – Teatime becomes extra special with this Christian La Croix teapot covered in colorful flowers and foliage.
12. Rani Arabella Dillon Modern Herringbone Cashmere Throw, $1095 – Be sure to include items in your wedding registry that offer comfort and a true sense of “home” to your living space. A cashmere throw is a classic pick.