While September continues to be peak season for California wine country, the changing months mark the beginning of the grape harvest in regions like Tuscany, Piedmont, and Burgundy. Fall, in fact, is arguably the best time of year to host wine country weddings, as the harsh summer heat subsides, and the colors of the changing leaves make for an incredible backdrop. The cooler temperatures also make spending an entire wedding weekend (or week) in wine country with guests feel cozier and intimate.
A destination wedding in places like Napa, Florence, and the Loire Valley is a once-in-a-lifetime experience in and of itself; but pampering guests with stylish party favors will make it a wedding they’ll never forget. Whether you’re celebrating love stateside or exchanging vows abroad, consider gifting your guests with these luxe, stylish party favors that they’ll love using well after your wine country wedding has ended.
1) Wine Wipes – Convenient, functional, and charmingly packaged, these wine wipes from The Vanity Project are the perfect party favor for any occasion where wine is involved. A quick swipe with these flavorless wipes will keep wine stains at bay and teeth looking pearly white, without compromising the palate. There’s no reason why sampling endless bottles of Malbec, Merlot, Chianti, and Pinot Noir should stop anyone’s smile from looking perfect during those candid wedding photos. SHOP
2) Wine Log – Wine country weddings always include some wonderful wine tastings featuring local libations. Including a wine log in your guests’ gift bags will allow them to fully immerse themselves in the experience and take note of any new favorites they may discover. SHOP
3) Water Bottle – Apparently, luxury water bottles are a signature of millennials, but we’d argue that they can be appreciated by anyone who values eco-friendly products, healthy living, and anything with a fashionable twist. During wine country weddings, guests will need to stay hydrated after all those tastings. A glass water bottle from bkr is a stylish party favor that will last for years to come, and they’re available in enough designs to suit anyone’s fancy. SHOP
4) Statement Glass – Live cigar rollers are a popular addition to many wedding receptions, and this cigar glass is a piece that gents will love – especially if they’d prefer to switch from wine to brandy. SHOP
5) Wine Country Themed Sweets – A trio of Sugarfina champagne gummy bears is the perfect sweet treat. SHOP
6) Cashmere Travel Set – If you really want to treat your guests to a luxurious wine country experience, then a cashmere travel set is the ultimate party favor to make those long journeys and chilly nights as comfortable as possible. SHOP
7) Wine Tools – Wine decanters, aerators, bottle openers, bottle stoppers, etc. For wine country weddings, including at least one chic wine tool is a must for goodie bags. SHOP
8) Grape Infused Face Mist – Is there any skincare brand more apropos for wine-themed party favors than Caudalie? Treat guests to bottles of refreshing Grape Water mist, which both men and women will enjoy using for a luxurious spritz of hydration throughout the day. SHOP
9) Custom Tote – No matter what combination of stylish party favors you choose, present them in a fashionable – yet neutral – reusable tote. The Market Bags from Apolis are water-resistant, can carry over 100 pounds, and make for an ideal grocery shopping bag. The best part? The bags are handcrafted by mothers in an effort by Apolis to break the poverty cycle. Customize your totes with anything from your monogram, to the region in which your wine country wedding took place. SHOP