Whether you’re in search of a luxurious staycation or a stylish weekend getaway for two, the iconic Beverly Hills Hotel is inviting guests to Live Like Marilyn with a new travel package inspired by the silver screen goddess herself. As a former guest of the Beverly Hills Hotel, Marilyn Monroe’s history with the property involves living periodically in her favorite bungalows – numbers 1 and 7 – and staying in bungalows 20 and 21 with Yves Montand when filming “Let’s Make Love” at Fox Studios. Booking a stay in one of these luxury bungalows is just the beginning of the Live Like Marilyn experience.
From soaking in a bubble bath to dining on DiMaggio’s Spaghetti and Meatballs, the Live Like Marilyn package includes the following Marilyn Monroe-inspired amenities and services:
- Luxury bungalow accommodation for two
- Dinner for two from Marilyn’s Menu, inspired by an interview from a 1952 issue of Pageant Magazine in which she shared: “My dinners at home are startlingly simple. Every night I stop at the market near my hotel and pick up a steak, lamb chops or liver, which I broil in the electric oven in my room. I usually eat four or five raw carrots with my meat and that is all.” She also mentioned ice cream sundaes as an occasional treat. Today, Marilyn’s Menu at the Beverly Hills Hotel includes a Prawn Cocktail, Heirloom Carrot Salad, DiMaggio’s Spaghetti and Meatballs, Grilled New York Steak, and Marilyn’s Ice Cream Sundae.
- “Some Like it Hot” bubble bath experience
- CHANEL N°5 perfume gift
- Welcome bottle of champagne – bookings in Bungalow 1A will have a bottle of Dom Pérignon
- Bungalow 1A guests have the opportunity to recreate an iconic photo of Marilyn sitting on a bench outside her favorite bungalow
The bungalows at the Beverly Hills Hotel were first introduced in 1915 as a means to accommodate families who wanted more space and privacy. These bungalows are known for playing host to Hollywood royalty over the years with Howard Hughes spending more than 30 years in Bungalow 4, Lauren Bacall living in Bungalow 10 while filming “Designing Woman” with Gregory Peck, and Marlene Dietrich calling the bungalows home for several years.
Aside from enjoying an indulgent Live Like Marilyn package, the bungalows are an incredible place for out-of-town wedding guests to stay, along with couples who want to relax and unwind with a local “mini-moon” right after their Beverly Hills Hotel wedding festivities are over. Newly restored, the bungalows are the epitome of effortless Californian style with a warm color palette of rust, pink, green, and gold. The furnishings are a blend of Hollywood Regency and 1940’s French aesthetics, modernized by state-of-the-art technology and upgrades. Upon check-in, visitors will understand why Hollywood’s elite never wanted to leave.
>CLICK HERE for more information.